Pages

Monday 26 April 2010

LAKEVEIW FISHO MANIA 2010 QUALIFIER


Well the time came to fish my first match of the year having been away for the last 6 or so months. This turned out to be the fisho mania qualifier up at Lakeveiw fishery at Melton Mowbery. Having picked up my brother (traveling partner) it was off to lakeveiw funny thing was i had never seen the place before and wasn't sure what the day would turn out like.
I had been given some sound info from one or two of the lads of Total Fishing forum and my plan was based around what i had been told.
Having pulled into the car park and parking the car it was of to cafe for a good old bacon and egg butty (top notch by the way).
Looking around there were a few faces there that had even won the final or had taken part in the final and it did feel a bit weired.
Draw time came and as usual there was a rush to form the que i sat there with my brother and deiced to draw once the que went down.
My hand went into the draw and drew serpent peg 1 happy days i thought one of the lakes that i thought stood a chance of picking up the winning weight.
Having got to my peg i noticed the wind blowing from left to right blowing into the bank.
My plan of attack was to fish 2 rigs over to the far bank at 13meters tight into the rat holes,these rigs were a hillbilly rat catchers tied to 0.15mm main line and a 0.14mm hook length with a size 18 tubertini 808 hook. I plumbed up one to sit on the far shelf and one which i could push up onto the shelf.
My other 2 swims were a 4 meter line just off to the left for this i used a Gaz Malman power pencil .2 of a gram same as my other rigs 0.15mm main line 0.14mm hook length,then a paste line down the left margin just at the bottom of the shelf which was a 0.16mm line straight through to a maver mt4 size 10 hook.
For feeding the far bank I intended to feed micro pellet and expander on the hook. The inside line was to be red maggot fished on the deck.
All in was called and straight away i went over to the far bank tipping a cad pot of micros onto the shelf straight away the float shot under and fish number one was in the net again i went back over and another fish came shortly after. Spending another 15mins over there with no more bites I moved over to the other rig and pushed it on to the shelf same again float shot under and fish 3,then same again it went dead. I re fed and stayed over there for a while as there was indications that the fish were there however didn't want to be caught all the time i was feeding my inside maggot line hoping it would pay off later on in the match.
With bites coming few and far between i took a gamble and moved over to my inside line earlier than i wanted to (i needed a few fish as one or two other anglers were catch steadily). Straight away the float shot under another fish in the net. I then had a funny spot of losing 6 fish on the bounce and after a quick adjust to my rig and the shotting pattern i was again back into the fish. This continued for the rest of the match every time i went back over i would feed by hand, I did have a few slow spots where the fish were hard to come by but then i would have a good half hour of constant catching. With the lake not really producing i thought i would be in with a shout of at least a section win.
With the all out coming I wasn't sure how I had done compared to the other lakes I knew it would be tight for the lake as some one else had been catching all match.
With the scales coming to me first it was time to see what i had got i tipped 60lb 10oz onto the scales and was told your in with a chance of winning the match even though i said at the beginning that you would need 70lb to win.
In the end i finished 1st in my section and 2nd on the lake being beat by 3lb (who went on to take 2nd overall in the match)
After the results were in I learned i had managed to finish 4th overall missing out 1st by 8lb.
This was a very tight match with the winner being Andy North (Well done that man all the best in the final).
Looking back I had a great day and feel I could of gone all the way if it wasn't for losing around 6 fish but that's match fishing for you win some lose some.Its a match i will remember for a while as it was so close.
For a full run down on how the match went click on the link below and watch the video from tight lines
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=82308388001
Next match for me now is back down to Witherington farm in the Artillery Spring Open on the Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment