Pages

Saturday 14 February 2009

BISHOPS CANNING CANAL STRETCH (THE ROLE GOES ON !)

Well as you can see from my fixtures my next match saw me back down to the K&A Canal once more at the Bishops and Canning stretch. With me not being able to get down there for a practise due to family and work commitments it was a slight stab in the dark (would my last results and methods work this time) sort of sketch!
Having made my way down through Peswey without crashing the car (ice on the road was lethal!) i booked in at the local and sat down to have my breckie (got to love a full fry up not the best i have had though) having a look around there didn't seem to be as many as the last match roughly around 33 booked in.With the ear out and about doing the listening thing looks like most people were on the bread punch ,which to be honest was all i brought with me as it worked last time and with the weather we had been having didn't see why it wouldn't work this time.
Having our team being called out i did the draw once again for our team ( me ,ir0027, tree)
with the pegs coming out of the bag having a good look at them i drew A section one of the end peg si (ir0027) drew on in his and tree middle of his section (not to bad two out of the three)
Off we went to our respected pegs good thing about the section i drew was it was just up from where i was last time i was down here.
Having got to my peg i noticed it was only around 9 meters to the far bank because of the reeds that had grown from the far bank straight away i thought fish heaven (it got to be!)
Having set up and broken the ice i decided to fish two swims one tight to the far bank and one around 3-4 meters out both using Tubertini Stix floats with a positive shotting pattern fishing one inch just of the bottom to start with.
All in was called and off I went straight to the far bank on the punched bread within 2 minutes i started to catch and was on fire fire for the first 30 minutes catching a fish a chuck with the end peg having a couple and to my right not catching. I deiced to give that line a rest as i didn't want it to dry up and went for my 3-4 meter line having spent 20-30 minutes with only a few fish it was back over to the far bank this time i was taking a couple of minutes to catch each fish then once again as i have learned down here it went dead.
I move my rig up another inch of the bottom and straight away started catching again only for it to dry up so i came away from the reeds by a foot and started catching there then once again it went dead!
Now i was scratching my head a fair bit as i wasn't putting a steady rate of fish in the net and i was having to adjust my rig on a regular basis to find them as soon as i did i would catch a few then it would go dead once more (this was turning out far trickier than i thought it would be) this carried on for the rest of the match with the end peg now catch slowly but steady i knew it would be close at the end i just didn't know how close.
With the all out called i didn't know if i had done enough for the section with the rest of the section finding it hard and having kept glancing over from time to time i noticed there wasn't much action going on.
I had a feeling i had framed but i didn't know if the end peg had done me well with the weigh in done i came out with 950 grams with the end Peg coming out with 1 kilo dead (dam it lol)
the weights through out the whole section were poor and it proved a hard match to fish si (ir0027) managed 1st in section and 3rd overall should do had a end peg lol and tree putting in a 5th place in his section gave us enough to finish top of the teams which was a result in its self.
Well that's it for the canals its on to the commercials now with the next match being greenridge farm which should be a good one get your feed and tactics right and its bag up time !

No comments:

Post a Comment