Pages

Sunday 8 February 2009

LOOKING BACK AT THE END OF LAST YEAR

Right before we can go forward i am just going to touch on the back end of last year and where i find myself at the moment.
Well after a bad outing in the Army indivduals and team matches (all week bad outing)
i decided to have a months brake and just look at where i went wrong. Having looked on how i approched my swimms i noticed i didnt once get my feeder rods out and that every thing was done with the pole looking at this mistake now i relise that if i have had of got my feeder out i might of been looking at better results as i find my self a dab hand at feeder work. Lesson learnt in the way of dont get tunnel vision and just plough into it!
Well after that our group matches were to start up again with the first being on the K&A Canal at Bishops Canning on the 1st of Oct 08.
With no practise going into the match i was a bit nervous (after having a shit festival) i was now looking a getting my results back up there (like they were before the festival) i drew my pegg which put me near enough in the middle of the section which i knew stright away i would have my work cut out.
I planned to have a line down the inside about three meters out and one down the track 7 meters out and not really bother with the far bank as i had heard there wasnt many bigger fish showing over there.
Having got the all in i potted in my ground bait and got to work fishing pinkey over the top of the ground bait.
Stright away my float shot under producing a good sized roach i caried on catching like this for around a hour then all of a sudden it went dead might have been the two pike me and the lad to my right had seen in the swims every thing was tried but just couldnt get a bite i looked down to the left and right of me i wasnt the only one alot of people had the same problem.
All out was called i knew i had done bad starting off so well for it to come to a bad slow end.
Results were collected 12th in section which was a shock as it looked like my bad run was going to carring on.

No comments:

Post a Comment